Friday, October 28, 2011

Book Formats

Hello, 

As I gathered my books I like to read, I realized I like the ones with short chapters. Reading is a relaxation for me, so long chapters tends to create a desire to skip ahead. However, more chapters for writers means more pages if every chapter has to start on the right hand page. If you are self publishing, this means more cost. Some publishers charge a set price for a certain amount of pages, so this might not affect the cost. For example, if the charge is $300.00 for 50 to 100 pages, and  $400.00 for 101 to 200 pages, this allows for flexibility in formatting.





2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like short chapters too, Gail. It makes the book less overwhelming to read and more rewarding, because every time I finish reading a chapter, I'm thinking, Yes! :)

    ReplyDelete