Sunday, January 29, 2012

DO YOU HAVE A STORY TO TELL?

 Good Morning,

My book is now with the publisher and I am awaiting an electronic version for editing. This book is creative nonfiction and is basically my life story with several name changes. My experience is that the keys to writing Memoir are organization, perseverance, and an innate desire to tell a story. Of course, it also helps if you like to write. On the other hand, if you don't like to write, you can attain a ghost writer to do that for you.

A memoir is interesting if your life, like mine, is sometimes more unbelievable than fiction can be, and you think it would be a good read. A memoir is an awesome way to preserve your family history and chronicle the history for generations to come.

This is a view from the front porch of my cabin in the Adirondacks. This setting is a full circle metaphor of a turbulent life story.


2 comments:

  1. That's great that you're getting your book published! Way to go!

    I'm currently working on something similar: I'm typing and editing all of my journal entries from childhood (age 9) to adulthood (age 30). It's a big project; but isn't writing any book a big project? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine, I am still learning about blogging and did not see your comment. Yes, writing your life story is a big project as well as writing most any book, especially the editing.

    ReplyDelete