Thursday, July 5, 2012

 God Bless America and Small Towns
Here is my little town up here in the Adirondacks on July 4th evening. Everybody is waiting for the bed races. Contestants make some form of bed on wheels and race to the finish line. The little Main St in town is closed for this event. The Adirondack Hotel is in the background of the first picture.

I had a wonderful evening sitting on the beach with friends eating hot dogs cooked by the fire dept and strawberry shortcake sold by wonderful boy scouts and cub scouts. They put the cakes in boxes and ran around selling them to folks. I commend the fire dept, the scoutmasters, and the town for all their work. Later on, I came home and watched the fireworks with my dog from my front porch. What a wonderful day! Life is good and people are amazing creatures. I love the America. I love us.


July 4th Bed races, Long Lake, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment