Tuesday, August 28, 2012

BOOK SIGNING IN LAKE PLACID, NY

Here I am in Lake Placid, NY with Bernard. We are signing books in front of the Bookstore Plus right on the main street in this beautiful exciting ski resort town. It is a busy place and I have met so many nice authors, store owners, and buyers of my book.

I remember a long time ago when I lived in Saranac Lake and came here often with my friend, Vicky, who is from Lake Placid. My youngest son, Monti, was born here, and I have fond memories of watching the bobsledders come zooming down the track and around Shady, the most dangerous curve of all. I stood on the bridge above that corner and held my breath as those men flew high up on the wall, magically (skillfully) missed the rim, then angled out straight and headed down toward two smaller curves and then on the finish line.

I finished the book signing and then wandered around the store for a bit. What a neat book store! Every nook and cranny is filled with books or gifts or staples such as markers, etc. It is pleasingly bright and pleasantly decorated. Thank you Bookstore Plus for allowing me to parade my book in front of your window. Ahh, life is good and it just keeps getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment