Sunday, September 23, 2012

How soon before those two realize what is right behind them?

Look at lower right hand side of this picture. This was taken in 1951. I remember climbing a tree in 1956 across the road from the Lakeside and coming face to face with a bobcat that I thought was a big cat.Luckily, he stayed high up in the tree and I went scrambling down, ran across the road to tell my dad there was a cat stuck in the tree and would he get it down. He looked up and immediately knew it was a bobcat. We had panthers, lynx, and mountain lions in these woods throughout the 1800's and into the early 1900's and probably there were a few left in the early 1950s. I think this is too large to be a bobcat and it doesn't have whiskers or the right face. Looks like a mountain lion to me and several others. Okay, all you woods men and woods women. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment