Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Young Man in Early Times

I love this picture of one of the relatives of  the early pioneers of Long Lake, NY.  If anyone knows who he is, send me a comment.

Finally, I have sent my second manuscript, Conquering the Wild, into the publisher. I spent an enormous amount of time doing research, then came the writing, and the dreaded edit and wait process.

This book is set in the Adirondack Mountains. The story describes the struggles these pioneers had with the weather and navigation extremes. It is a historical novel with several pictures and maps.

I have tried to tell the story of the men, women, and children who lived during the 1800s. I hope everyone enjoys it and finds something they can relate to within the pages.

5 comments:

  1. Gail, I never really think of anything on the East coast side of America as ever being wild but it certainly was and I'm sure your book will bring it all back to your readers! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why gail thats huckleberry hosley one of the early settlers...came to town riding on a pony and stayed and worked in the saloons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, wow, that huckleberry hosley sounds like a wimpy dude, riding in on a pony and all. The picture is of a Stanton. Do you know which one? First name initial is B.

      Delete
  3. Hi desert rocks, it certainly was wild in the north woods. I have lived in the west and can tell you that the Adirondack woods can be quite a wild place especially in the 1800s. Thanks for your comment and congrats. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is beeman e stanton 1899 1988 .. jeez gail ask any of the stantons or abbie or ray smith ... and you were the wildest thing in the adirondacks for a time...

    ReplyDelete