Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What's Up these days

 

This picture is tagged as street and land view, Long Lake, 1917. I love doing research. Spent the day Monday at the Adirondack museum library. Jerry was very accommodating, and I got to stay there for hours! I was thrilled! I have several interviews coming up before my departure to Scotland for a month. I am looking forward to them.

I appreciate everyone taking their time to tell me what Long Lake was like when their parents were here, and when they were growing up in this little town. Book 2 on the history will be a wonderful documentation of the lives of Long Lake residents in the 20's, 30's, 40's and beyond. I am learning so much from the old timers and could sit and listen to them for hours!

For those of you who do not know, Book 1, Conquering the Wild, is available in several places in town and around the Adirondacks. Or, you can order it directly from me by emailing me with your address. It is also available at www.gailhuntley.com and in ebooks at www.amazon.com and Barnes and Noble. It is a keepsake or a wonderful gift for family members to pass down to their children.

I am getting packed for Scotland. Venita and I are leaving next Wednesday, Aug 28. We will be arriving in Aberdeen, Scotland the next morning. Sometimes I just can't believe this life I have. It is such a blessing that life isn't fair because if it was, I would not be having these wonderful experiences. I get to spend a month with my awesome sister living in stone cottages in Huntly, and Braemar, Scotland. We will be within a five minute walk of Huntly and will stay there almost two weeks.

Of course, I am bringing my computer so when we are in internet territory, I will be emailing pictures, etc. I can't envision looking at those hills of heather and not going home and writing about them.

If you haven't, please join my blog and feel free to leave comments. I enjoy reading what you have to say. Take care and remember, this is the first day of the rest of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment